Sons of the Flag, a registered non-profit 501 (c)(3), provides critical support to military service members, first responders and civilians who have survived burn injuries.
Sons of the Flag was created because:
- Being burned is one of the most traumatic and painful injuries that one can endure.
- Severe burns are also amongst the most expensive injuries to treat.
- Burn survivors typically have to endure countless surgeries with small gains.
- Burn surgery is a niche field that is incredibly underfunded.
- Current technologies that are available and in early phase testing are not being implemented quickly enough.
Sons of the Flag is a nonprofit organization committed to supporting military, first responder, and civilian burn survivors by providing funding for innovative research, technology and education. We bring together passionate community leaders, pioneering physicians, experienced military service members, dedicated first responders and purposeful civilians to complete our mission.
We are currently partnered with Parkland Hospital, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, and Brook Army Medical Center. SOTF is actively pursuing partnerships with other hospitals throughout the country that house Certified Burn Units.